Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Winter Forecaster: Nature Series 17

Today my walk was
Interrupted as I paused
To watch some
Woolly Bears those
Colorful crawlers as
They crossed my path.

Pyrrharctia Isabella
Science books say
Soon to be a sunlight
Shade of yellow
Flying towards my
Back porch light.

Grandmother said
Brown bands wide
You’ll play outside
Brown bands thin
You’ll be
Staying in.

Harbinger of winter’s
Strength or sign of
Nature’s power to
Renew I watch
As you make your
Way to greener grass.

Today furry friend
Your brown band seems
Very wide.

2 comments:

  1. I posted a comment yesterday on a few of your poems and they aren't showing for some reason. I like the poem and remember more woolly bears in NY...nice memory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we are playing outside and not in te snow.
    Very nice Jim.

    ReplyDelete